In order to trigger notifications from ServiceBus360 to external notification channels, you need to make some basic configuration settings under "Notifications Channels" section in ServiceBus360. Microsoft OMS is the IT management solution for the hybrid cloud. Used alone or to extend your existing System Center deployment, OMS gives you the maximum flexibility and control for cloud-based management of your infrastructure. With OMS, you can manage any instance in any cloud, including on-premises, Azure, AWS, Windows Server, Linux, VMware, and OpenStack, at a lower cost than competitive solutions. Built for the cloud-first world, OMS offers a new approach to managing your enterprise that is the fastest, most cost-effective way to meet new business challenges and accommodate new workloads, applications, and cloud environments.
The core functionality of OMS is provided by a set of services that run in Azure. Each service provides a specific management function, and you can combine services to achieve different management scenarios. One of the important services in OMS is Log Analytics that provides monitoring services for OMS by collecting data from managed resources into a central repository. This data could include events, performance data, or custom data provided through the API. Once collected, the data is available for alerting, analysis, and export.
In this article, we will see the steps to configure OMS channel in ServiceBus360.
- Log into ServiceBus360 as an Account Owner/Super User
- Click the Settings icon from the Home Dashboard and select Notification Channel from the left navigation panel
- To create a new notification channel click Create New Channel button
- In the Add Notification Channel blade, select the channel type as WebHook from the available channel list
- Provide a friendly name for this channel and click the Next button
- Enter the Log Type, Workspace ID, and Shared KeySpecify the record type of the data that is being submitted. Currently, the log type supports only alpha characters. It does not support numerics or special characters.To create a new Workspace Go to Azure Portal > Search Log Analytics > Click Log Analytics > Click Add to create new Workspace. Click the Settings icon in the OMS portal page go to connected sources > you can get the workspace id, primary or secondary key.
- Click the Save button to complete the process