One of the core pillars of ServiceBus360 is the capability to monitor your Azure Service Bus namespaces and notify whenever there is a threshold violation. In the initial stages, notifications from ServiceBus360 could be sent only through Email. Recently from May 2017 release, we have added the capability for ServiceBus360 to be able to trigger notifications to external notification channels. What this means for customers is that if you are already using either of these channels in your organization, it becomes easier to receive alerts from ServiceBus360 right into these channels. Triggering alerts to external notification channels works exactly the same way as sending an email notification.
ServiceBus360 supports the following external Notification Channel options to trigger alerts from the configured alarms to the users:
In order to trigger notifications from ServiceBus360 to external notification channels, you need to make some basic configuration settings under "Notifications Channels" section in ServiceBus360. In this article, we will see the steps to configure Slack channel in ServiceBus360.
- Log into ServiceBus360 as an Account Owner/Super User
- Click the Settings icon from the Home Dashboard and select Notification Channel from the left navigation panel
- To create a new notification channel click Create New Channel button
- In the Add Notification Channel blade, select the channel type as Slack from the available channel list
- In the Basic Configuration section, enter a friendly name for the Slack notification channel to be identified within ServiceBus360 and click Next
- The system will prompt to enter the Webhook URL
- To get the Webhook API URL click this linkYou have to be logged in to your Slack account before clicking the above link.
- Click the Your Apps button from the top menu bar to redirect to the App Name screen
- Click the desired App from the already configured apps in Slack
- Click the Incoming Webhooks option under the Features section in the left menu
- Toggle on the Activate Incoming Webhooks button to get the Webhook URL for Your Team
- Click the Copy button against the webhook that you wish to Authorize
- Enter the Webhook URL in ServiceBus360 and click Add
- The channel will be added to the ServiceBus360