One of the core pillars of ServiceBus360 is the capability to monitor your Azure Service Bus namespaces and notify whenever there is a threshold violation. In the initial stages, notifications from ServiceBus360 could be sent only through Email. Recently from May 2017 release, we have added the capability for ServiceBus360 to be able to trigger notifications to external notification channels. What this means for customers is that if you are already using either of these channels in your organization, it becomes easier to receive alerts from ServiceBus360 right into these channels. Triggering alerts to external notification channels works exactly the same way as sending an email notification.
ServiceBus360 supports the following external Notification Channel options to trigger alerts from the configured alarms to the users:
In order to trigger notifications from ServiceBus360 to external notification channels, you need to make some basic configuration settings under "Notifications Channels" section in ServiceBus360. In this article, we will see the steps to configure PagerDuty channel in ServiceBus360 and add the integration key in PagerDuty channel.
- Log into ServiceBus360 as an Account Owner/Super User
- Click the Settings icon from the Home Dashboard and select Notification Channel from the left navigation panel
- To create a new notification channel click Create New Channel button
- In the Add Notification Channel blade, select the channel type as PagerDuty from the available channel list
- In the Basic Configuration section, enter a friendly name for the PagerDuty notification channel to be identified within ServiceBus360 and click Next
- The system will prompt to enter the Integration Key details
- To get the API integration key from your service, log into your PagerDuty account
- Click Services under the Configuration section
- A list of configured Services will be displayed in a grid view. Click API link in the Integration column for the desired service to retrieve the Integration Key
- Enter the retrieved Integration Key in the ServiceBus360 portal and click Add
- The PagerDuty notification channel will be added to the ServiceBus360 account