In this article:
What is ServiceBus360?
Microsoft Azure Service Bus is a reliable cloud messaging as a service (MaaS) and simple hybrid integration infrastructure for enterprise messaging through the cloud. The purpose of this service is to make communication easier. When two or more parties want to exchange information, they need a communication facilitator. In the past few years, it is predominantly put in use by organizations of all sizes. With the introduction to Event Hubs, it started gaining more importance. Based on our interaction with the community and the enterprises that use Azure Service Bus, We understood there are not enough tool set available to handle the operations of this infrastructure efficiently.
Most often, companies focus on platform enhancements and miss out on having better management and operational tools. We observed this with BizTalk server and created BizTalk360 to address that gap. Similarly, the standard Azure portal is limited in terms of exposing the full capabilities of Azure Service Bus. To overcome this, we developed ServiceBus360 — an advanced operations, monitoring, and analytics tool focused solely to enhance the day to day working experience with Azure Service Bus. Our goal is to make life easy for anyone who is using Azure Service Bus resources (Queues, Topics, Relays and Event Hubs).
ServiceBus360 is a simple platform to manage your Azure Service Bus namespaces. It provides efficient operations and monitoring capabilities on any Service Bus resource.
ServiceBus360 will also provide Analytics capabilities soon to understand the usage pattern of all your entities on Azure Service Bus. With this initial version, you can:
- Access Service Bus resource properties easily
- Create and Delete resource
- Send Activities to Queues and Event Hubs
- Configure and Manage Alarms to monitor Service Bus resources efficiently
- Receive alerts on any abnormal behavior or health status reports through email
- Govern and Audit user activities
Introduction to ServiceBus360 interface
In this section, we will give you a detailed look into the ServiceBus360 home interface. When you log into ServiceBus360 for the first time, you will see a Welcome Message from the Founder/CTO of BizTalk360.
The different components of the ServiceBus360 are;
- Dashboard area – Initially, after you first log in, you will only see the Welcome Message from the CTO of BizTalk360. Click Get Started to start adding a new Namespaces and set up monitoring.
- Associate Namespace – Click Associate Namespace to start adding a new Azure Namespace
- Namespace Pane – Once you have added a new namespace, you will notice the pane being created for the added namespace
- Refresh – Refreshes the ServiceBus360 dashboard to reflect the latest data
- Refresh Timer – Timer to automatically refresh the ServiceBus360 dashboard. The dashboard refresh’s every 60 seconds
- User Profile – Displays the logged in user name and options to make profile changes, support, documentation, submit an idea and log out from the application
- Settings – A simple shortcut to the Settings Dashboard
- Notification – By default, the application shows you notifications instantly when a new operation is performed
- Announcement – By clicking the Announcement icon you can read the details of the announcements made like New Release, blogs, maintenance, and feature promotions etc.
- License Plan – Displays the current License. You can click Change Plan to upgrade from one license plan to another.
- Governance Audit – A simple shortcut to Governance Audit section to track the user activities and alert history in ServiceBus360
- Talk to us – You can now reach out to our support team through an in-app chat platform. Click 'Talk To Us' on the bottom left to connect with our support agent.
- Namespace Name – Displays the friendly name that was used during Namespace Association
- Import entities – You can import namespace entities from the XML file exported from Service Bus Explorer. Entities can be imported from one namespace to the other, that are mapped in ServiceBus360.
- Edit Namespace – A simple shortcut to edit the Friendly name, Connection string of the namespace, or to change the Namespace type
- De-register – Click this icon to de-register the associated namespace from the ServiceBus360 portal
- Namespace Details – Displays information such as Namespace name (as reflected in Azure portal), Type (Messaging/Relay/Event Hubs), and current status of the Namespace (Available/Marked for Deregister/Namespace not found in Azure)
- Entities – Displays the number of entities associated with the namespace
- Alarms – Displays number of alarm configured and status of each alarm. With this, the user can easily identify which alarm is healthy/Error/Warning/Disabled/Not mapped
- Manage Namespace – By clicking this button you can navigate to namespace dashboard to manage and monitor the namespace